If you are like me, you may be fighting the powers that zap your energy: simple curiosity, willingness to take on new projects and such, and just trying new things. The beauty of being a woman over 30 is that everything seems a bit clearer, you (should) have your priorities straight and you feel more at peace. You are truly enjoying life and living it the way YOU want to live it. But, where is the wonder? Where is the creative magic?
I have found over the last couple of years that it is so easy to get caught up in the routine of life – like keeping up with all of my obligations, making sure I have carved out time to workout and meditate, and getting out the door to get shit done in a timely fashion; not to mention time with my loved ones. After that, I really don’t want to do anything else. I keep a running list of all of the ideas that turn on the light bulb in my head – usually in the shower or right before bed. But to be honest, most of these ideas have yet to come to fruition; partly because I am an Aries and we rarely finish what we start unless we are 150% into it, and partly because I don’t FEEL like putting the energy into it. But, are these good excuses? No.
Slowly but surely, I have been feeling more and more inspired through a few helpful things that have kept me going. Perhaps they will help motivate you as well.
1. Go back to your childhood. It’s important not to lose that childlike essence that still lives in all of us. We have to fight against this daily. Why not take it back to the good ol‘ days? Whatever you loved most as a kid or a teenager, go back to that. For me, it was always writing, fashion and making money. Yes, even as a child I would take what my grandma gave me, add something to it and sell it back to her. LOL. I was a trip. I still enjoy all of those things. It hasn’t changed. So, I make sure to update this blog as much as I can, and I am getting more creative with my style again.
2. Take time. I like like to carve out time that is realistic for my schedule – whether it’s once a day, once a week or monthly. Take the time to slow down and enjoy a bubble bath, yoga, or whatever nourishes you. Schedule it in so you don’t abandon it.
3. Journal. Journal. Yes, I’ll say it again. Journal. Almost every night, I journal all of my thoughts from the day, and I end it with three things I am grateful for. Journaling clears your mind to let in inspiration, and it helps provide clarity in your daily life.
4. Don’t let your age (or children for that matter) dictate the way you live, dress, fill in the blank. We live in a different time from our parents and grandparents. So live in the now and do what brings you joy. Make life choices and express yourself in ways that sit well with your soul, needs and wants in life.
5. Take explorications. Notice I did not mention traveling. I think traveling is a given. We all know that travel is fun, it’s inspiring and opens your mind. But, it’s important to feed your curiosity more than anything. Discover new neighborhoods, restaurants, places to shop and hidden trails. Explore!
6. Make new friends. My current lifestyle necessitates that I associate with various friend groups that are not necessarily my own. And I am not the type who likes to make new friends. But, connecting with those outside of your circle not only feels good, it can truly be inspiring, especially when you just “click” with someone.
What keeps you inspired as a woman over 30? Share in the comments!
Follow me on Instagram!