I love the flavor of coffee but I’m trying to limit my intake. I’ve given up coffee before where I only indulged on the weekends, but I almost always go back to it. Honestly, there is nothing wrong with coffee, except that it increases your cortisol levels and affects your adrenals. And because I can be sensitive to this, I’ve been swapping out my coffee for matcha tea the past week.
I have been playing around with different ingredients and concoctions in my kitchen to kick it up a notch, and I think I’ve mastered the perfect Matcha tonic. I call it the Monarch Matcha, haha! And all of the ingredients help you glow from the inside out. Enjoy!
You can make this in four minutes, and I definitely recommend getting an electric hand whisk. I use this one from Amazon. I love it because it blends everything really well. My Monarch Matcha tastes just like a matcha beverage you get at your local, favorite, fancy coffee shop – but even better.
- 1 Cup of Almond Cashew milk
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of organic ceremony grade matcha powder. I love this one.
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil (you can sub this for Almond, Hazelnut or MCT oil if you don’t like the taste of coconut)
- 1 scoop of flavorless Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides powder
- A touch of honey (however little or much you like)
Put the milk in the microwave for about 1:45, whisk and voila! The perfect matcha tonic to replace your coffee habit. Try it and please let me know how you like it in the comments.